Aster Cedars Hospital & Clinic, Jebel Ali
Meet Our Doctors
Dr. Beena Thomas
Aster Day Surgery Centre, Mankhool
English, Malayalam, Hindi
MBBS, MD (Respiratory Medicines)
DOH License Grade
Type of Physician
- M.B.B.S.-Academy of Medical Sciences, Pariyaram, Kannur, University of Kannur, Kerala, India
- M.D Pulmonary Medicine. -Govemment Medical College, Kottayam, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India.
- Registered in Travancore-Cochin Medical Council
- Role of six-minute walk test in measuring the response to medical interventions in COPD patients in comparison with spirometry - M.D Pulmonary Medicine
- Fellow of American College of Chest Physicians
- Academy of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- National College of Chest Physician
- Member of the American College of Chest Physicians
- She has more than 16 years experience in Pulmonary medicine after her postgraduation in 2007 from Government Medical College, Kottayam,Kerala.India.
- She has worked in various hospitals in Kerala and was Associate Professor in Pulmonary Medicine in Pushpagiri Medical College, Thiruvalla, India before joining Aster Hospitals.
- She is experienced in managing the wide range of respiratory illnesses following updated protocols and guidelines.She has active interest in research activities and was a research Mentor for Postgraduate and Undergraduate students- M.D Respiratory Medicine, M.B.B.S.
- She has many publications in many national and international journals.
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered
- Allergy ( respiratory allergies )
- Skin allergy tests/ Immunotherapy ( SLIT )
Smoking induced lung diseases like COPD/ Chronic bronchitis / Emphysema
- Smoking cessation & counseling
- Lung cancer evaluation
- ( Acute and Chronic Bronchitis)
- Pneumonia & Chest Infections
- COVID disease
- Respiratory failure, diagnosis, and treatment.
Pulmonary function evaluations
- Includes Spirometry, Exhaled NO, carbon monoxide measurements
- Body plethysmography (Lung volumes measurements), Lung resistance
- Diffusion capacity, DLCO
Interstitial Lung disease
- Pleural diseases, diagnosis, and treatment of pleural effusion
- Bronchoscopy & allied procedures Like
- ( Endobronchial Lung Biopsy, BAL, Bronchoalveolar lavage, Bronchial washings, )
- Sleep-disordered breathing diagnosis & therapy
- (Polysomnography -in a sleep lab, Home sleep studies,)
- CPAP titrations, Home CPAP & Bipap for OSA
Occupational lung diseases
Post-Covid lung evaluations & therapies