Aster Hospital Al Qusais
Dr. Sandeep Janardan Tandel
Specialist General and Laparoscopic surgery
Aster Hospital Sharjah.
English, Hindi, Marathi, Malayalam
M.B.B.S, D.N.B, F.M.A.S, Fellowship in Pain & Palliative Medicine
General And Laparoscopic Surgery
DOH License Grade
Type of Physician
- DNB General Surgery
- Additional training
- Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery in Colorectal Surgery
- Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery in Hernia Repair
- Fellowship in Pain & Palliative Medicine
- ACLS certification valid up to 2024
- BLS certification valid up to 2024
Aug 2017 – may2023
- Consultant General Surgeon, Lisie Hospital Ernakulam, responsibilities included
- As Head of Unit I General Surgery, is responsible for the care of patients attending General Surgery OP, IP and Emergency Department, and has performed a variety of surgeries. Acute abdominal surgeries including traumatic and non traumatic cases, like splenectomies, duodenal ulcer perforation, stabbing injuries. Surgeries for benign and malignant disorders of thyroid, salivary glands and breast. Elective and emergency, open and laparoscopic surgeries for various simple and complicated abdominal wall hernias and GI pathological including advanced laparoscopic procedures for small bowel and colorectal resections for GI malignancies. Perianal surgeries like haemorrhoid, fistula, fissure etc. Upper and lower limb surgeries including various types of amputations, varicose veins surgeries.
- As surgical consultant for Gynaecology department is involved in various open and laparoscopic gynecological surgeries
- Active member of the liver transplantation team.
- As Member of the Drug Committee and Infection Control Committee of the hospital was actively involved in the quality control evaluation in the Hospital towards attaining and maintaining the NABH standards
- As Member of the Medical Committee is actively involved in mediating medical aspects of medicolegal cases.
- As Consultant General & Laparoscopic surgeon was in charge of the surgical care of patients, attached to 4 hospitals in Navi Mumbai
- Dr. Prabhakar Patwardhan Smruti Rugnaalay, Panvel
- Unnati Hospital & ICU, Panvel
- Neel Clinic, Panvel
- Niramaya Hospital, Multispeciality, ICU & Maternity, Panvel
- Junior Consultant, Dept of General Surgery, Lisie Hospital Ernakulam
- Performed surgeries and assisted Senior Consultants in various open and laparoscopic surgical interventions
- DNB resident, Dept of General Surgery, Lisie Hospital Ernakulam
- Performed surgeries under guidance and assisted Senior Consultants in various open and laparoscopic surgical interventions
- Internship, M.G.M Medical College and Hospital
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered
Experienced in clinical and preoperative management of surgical patients including
- Surgeries for thyroid neoplasms, parotid neoplasm and oral cancers
- Surgical management of solid organ tumors including breast cancers (breast conservation surgeries and radical mastectomies), soft tissue sarcomas,small bowel and colorectal cancers.
- Laparoscopic surgeries - appendectomy, cholecystectomy, hernia repair (TAPP and TEP), colorectal surgeries including colectomies, anterior resection, abdominoperineal resection, retroperitoneal lymph node biopsies and gynaecological procedures like ovarian cystectomy and hysterectomy.
- Perianal surgeries - haemorrhoidectomy, Fistula, Fissure, Pilonidal sinus Surgeries.
- Various upper and lower limb amputations.
- Flap surgeries
- Surgical management of varicose veins, burns patients and minor surgical procedures